nanog mailing list archives

Re: NTP Sync Issue Across Tata (Europe)

From: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 15:32:23 -0300

So little deployment that has 3500 occurrences according to shodan.io.
With such few choices, It should be hard to find suitable options.

Rubens

Em ter., 8 de ago. de 2023 13:02, Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org> escreveu:

I’m familiar with NTS, which is pointedly not NTP.  That’s like saying
“TCP port 80 can be made secure,: just use a VPN!” Perhaps when NTS is
widely deployed it will be an option. As the RFC was only approved in 2020,
that will probably take a decade. Or more. (I’m talking about you, IPv6 :)
Not to mention the complexity or NTS for hardware implementation in network
elements, a primary application (https://tinyurl.com/ntsishard).

 -mel