nanog mailing list archives

Deployments of Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB)

From: Etienne-Victor Depasquale via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 10:43:23 +0200

Hello folks,

Based on data I've gathered through quantitative and qualitative surveying,
I can detect no application of Provider Backbone Bridging (MAC-in-MAC).
Please bear with me while I clarify that I am not enquiring about Provider
Bridging (QinQ).

I would like to ask specifically about knowledge of deployments of PBB.
If anyone would care to share data points, on- or off-list, I would love to
know about them.
I am open to anything on the subject of PBB's adoption that you are free to
share with me.
I am bound by GDPR and will anonymize any data that is not open for public
disclosure.

Thank you!

Etienne

--