nanog mailing list archives

Re: Dodgy AS327933 ...?

From: Frank Habicht <geier () geier ne tz>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 16:22:56 +0300

On 10/08/2023 16:02, Mark Tinka wrote:

We are seeing some weird routing from them, and the AS2 they are attached to (University of Delaware) seems odd.

Not sure if any of the American folk on this list can verify AS2 is really part of the University of Delaware...

Mark.

ouch!
I see in your LG that this AS 2 is originating 197.157.254.0/24 .

which seems to mean that it's not just a plain "we want to prepend 2 times, put the number 2 into config and the NOS takes this as the ASN to insert"

putting someone from  AS37451 into BCC.

ouch again!
looking for "show ip bgp regexp _37451 2_" in Mark's LG, i see there are many originated and downstream's prefixes of AS37451 affected.

So i'd now thing it's a AS37451 issue, not AS327933 alone.

Frank