nanog mailing list archives

Re: Any experiences using SIIT-DC in an IXP setting ?

From: Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 09:26:52 -0700

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 9:17 AM Vasilenko Eduard via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
wrote:

The technology for IPv6 client to connect IPv4 web server on Internet is
just not specified in IETF.

Ed/

Ed, you seem to be not so familiar with the this ietf body of work

RFC6877

“ 464XLAT is a simple and scalable

   technique to quickly deploy limited IPv4 access service to IPv6-only
   edge networks without encapsulation.

”

To the OP, you can google jpix has done this.