nanog mailing list archives

Re: V6 still not supported

From: Nathan Angelacos <nangel () tetrasec net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 16:31:49 -0400

On Fri, 2022-03-18 at 13:17 -0700, Michael Thomas wrote:

We weren't part of the wars. What I saw was what eventually became ipv6
and I remember talking to one of my coworkers about how hard he
thought it would be to implement. He concurred that he didn't think it
would be any big deal. One of our big issues is that we didn't have
anybody to interop with, that and nobody was asking for it unlike v4
features.

Classic Second System Effect, as described by Fred Brooks... in 1975.
"The Mythical Man-Month" is a great book for remembering how we got
here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-system_effect

But as all you have said, here we are.