nanog mailing list archives

Re: is nanog really in the spoofer report?

From: scott via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 11:54:03 -1000

On 7/10/2022 11:18 AM, Matthew Luckie wrote:
I just realized that many automatically put emails with the subject
line of "Spoofer Report for NANOG" in the trash, so I changed it.

Is that for real or a spoof itself?  If it's real I know a buncha
guys that will help. ;)

This is real:

https://spoofer.caida.org/recent_tests.php?as_include=19230

These are correlated with conference network deployments at each NANOG
event.  Some NANOG conference networks have SAV deployed (more so
before 2017), but my understanding is that networking equipment does
not come with SAV enabled by default, so it is easy to overlook.

Ah, OK.  I didn't think of conferences.  DOH!  I have never been to one.

Thanks!
scott