nanog mailing list archives

Re: 25G SFP28 capable of rate-adaption down to 1G?

From: Randy Carpenter <rcarpen () network1 net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 14:02:53 -0500 (EST)

Are you talking about an SFP28 module that can link at 25Gb, but also 1Gb?

We just put 1Gb SFPs in the SFP28 ports and they work fine. I have not seen a single module that does both, but
admittedly, I have not looked too hard, as the 1Gb modules are so cheap.

Or, are you talking about a module that presents as 25Gb to the switch, but 1Gb to the client device?

thanks,
-Randy