nanog mailing list archives

Re: What do you think about the "cloudification" of mobile?

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 09:31:31 +0200

On 1/26/22 21:38, Michael Thomas wrote:

I think for the vast majority of cloud users they'd do a way worse job at uptime than the providers.

Indeed... I mean, we've seen it with the migration of on-premise infrastructure into the cloud, en masse, for a number of "corporate" services.

Whether that applies to some telcos, I'm not sure.

Classic MNO's will not be looking to move their infrastructure into content. Well, at least not initially.

If the business case is compelling enough because it provides new competitors an operational advantage that engenders patronage from customers, they would be forced to consider it, I imagine.

Mark.