nanog mailing list archives

Re: Operator survey: Incrementally deployable secure Internet routing

From: Adrian Perrig <perrig () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 15:47:12 +0100

Hi Laura

With the greatest of respect I'm afraid this kind of exemplifies the sort
of dream-ware that can only be thought up in the cozy confines of a
university campus.

Indeed, that's the origin of many innovations -- and some of them do make
it into the real world.

So the chances of something more drastic like your proposal ever seeing
the light of day beyond some university labs?

We already have a working prototype system. It's quite exciting to see how
the existing SCION backbone can be used to provide immediate benefits for
traditional IP end hosts.

Sorry to rain on your parade guys!

No problem, thank you for your honest feedback! It is very important to
gather these opinions / viewpoints.

All the best
  Adrian

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 10:32 PM Laura Smith via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>