nanog mailing list archives

Re: [External] More product suggestions: small/cheap IS-IS or VXLAN devices?

From: Hunter Fuller via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 01:04:34 -0600

Two that immediately come to mind are:

 - If you don't need anything dynamic, you can run VXLAN on any Linux box.
So just a random server would work.
https://vincent.bernat.ch/en/blog/2017-vxlan-linux
 - RouterOS v7 added VXLAN, so now you can do that in a MikroTik box, or in
a Cloud-Hosted Router (their VM).
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/VXLAN

Hard to beat the price point on either.

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey

Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Network Engineering

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 5:45 PM Adam Thompson <athompson () merlin mb ca>