nanog mailing list archives

Re: New minimum speed for US broadband connections

From: Aaron Porter <atporter () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 11:58:11 -0800

Same issues in NYC. I'm in the bay area burbs and at least once a month get
marketing from AT&T or Sonic about FTTH that stops 2 doors away. The bonded
DSL alternative is... Functional but a couple times more expensive than my
neighbors pay.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/11/verizon-wiring-up-500k-homes-with-fios-to-settle-years-long-fight-with-nyc/