nanog mailing list archives

Re: V6 still not supported

From: Jared Brown <nanog-isp () mail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 15:03:06 +0200

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via NANOG wrote:
If I'm a gamer, and one of my possible ISPs is using CGN, and from time to time stops working, and another ISP is
providing me a public and/or static IPv4 address, always working, and there is not too much price difference, what I
will do?

Changing providers only works in a competitive market, but even there a little bit of market segmentation isn't
necessarily a bad thing.

The main thing is that ISPs should not be so accommodating to these malfeasants, who via their practices make a bad
situation worse. Sony et al. are externalizing costs and that shouldn't be accepted.

- Jared