nanog mailing list archives

RE: Fiber Network Equipment Commercial Norms

From: <jray06 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:47:32 -0500

Appreciate everyone’s comments here. Lots of good responses. I think the client isn’t really looking to squeeze the
equipment owner here, more so just looking for a formal agreement that codifies responsibility, insurance, points of
contact for notifications, etc… (the leaking battery example is a great example here).

Tim has a good point, based on what I know about the building, I believe it to be part of a metro ring or backbone.
This isn’t an MDU, but rather an institutional building where they previously brought in 4” cables full of twisted pair
back in the 70’s. That’s all been replaced by the fiber now.

Whatever it is, the owner comes running when the local maintenance apprentice unplugs it…. He tells me they show up
within 30-45 minutes.

Thanks for everyone’s insight!

Thanks,

Jeff Ray

956-592-2019

JRay06 () gmail com <mailto:JRay06 () gmail com>