nanog mailing list archives

Re: The great Netflix vpn debacle! (geofeeds)

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 11:27:59 -0700

On 9/1/21 11:25 AM, bzs () theworld com wrote:
Every time I've read a thread about using TVs for monitors several
people who'd tried would say don't do it. I think the gist was that
the image processors in the TVs would fuzz text or something like
that. That it was usable but they were unhappy with their attempts, it
was tiring on the eyes.

Maybe that's changed or maybe people happy with this don't do a lot of
text? Or maybe there are settings involved they weren't aware of, or
some TVs (other than superficial specs like 4K vs 720p) are better for
this than others so some will say they're happy and others not so
much?

It's been a while but there was a setting for mine that I had to futz with so that didn't happen. You're right that you should definitely check.

Mike