nanog mailing list archives

Re: PCH Peering Survey 2021

From: Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 19:51:54 +0200

On Oct 29, 2021, at 6:55 PM, Denis Fondras <xxnog () ledeuns net> wrote:
Le Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 01:47:37PM +0200, Bill Woodcock a écrit :
If you’re peering with an MLPA route-server, you’re welcome to include just
the route-server’s ASN, if that’s easiest, rather than trying to include each
of the peer ASNs on the other side of the route-server. Either way is fine.

I have an agreement with the RS owner (IXP) but not with each participant.
Should the contractual relationship be true or false ?

Sorry, we should have been more clear about that…  This is just whether a bilateral contract exists between the two
peering ASes.

We’re looking at multilateral agreements separately, because two ASes may peer directly in some locations and via
multilateral route-servers elsewhere.

So with that question we just want to know whether there’s a bilateral contract.

Thanks,

                                -Bill