nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT: Re: Younger generations preferring social media(esque) interactions.

From: Mikael Abrahamsson via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:44:06 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021, Grant Taylor via NANOG wrote:

If it's the latter, does that mean that you have to constantly keep changing /where/ messages are sent to in order to keep up with the latest and greatest or at least most popular (in your audience) flavor of the day / week / month / year social media site?

All good questions. I've been using IRC+email for 25+ years now and from what I can see, IRC has been replaced by slack/discord etc, and email has been replaced by Reddit or Github Issues discussions etc. I was on a project where the mailing list was shut down and all further discussions were pushed to github instead.

I personally think the "web forum" format is inferior but that might be a way to reach out as well...

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se