nanog mailing list archives

Re: Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 10:06:59 +0200

On 3/21/21 01:52, Brielle wrote:

This is how I’m viewing a lot of this too.  It’s like the posts on stack exchange et al, Reddit, and various forums
that are just closed with “fixed” and no details or follow up.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of a mailing list with an archive since the same questions can come up again and again
and no actual answers to the questions.

Well, people that post with a "reply off-list" often do so because they don't want to get blamed for impacting the SNR.

I feel reasonably confident to hazard that if this fear did not exist, information flow would be a lot more transparent.

Mark.