nanog mailing list archives

Re: ASE - 100 Gig Wave

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 19:07:28 +0200

On 3/18/21 18:09, JASON BOTHE via NANOG wrote:

I doubt that. You’ve been at it for months with requests all over the world. It was only a matter of time before someone said something.

I'm in two minds about this... I'm on & off NANOG, so have no recollection of the OP "doing this" more than once.

I think a NOG list is appropriate for finding out where network may exist, especially if locations may be hard. It's (not so) often that there is the odd request about network into Africa. Never quite paid attention to whether those requests come with commercial bits or not, but if they do, I'd just ignore those anyway.

The OP's question seems alright to me. I can see why the contract term may tickle folk, but I'd just ignore that and consider the preceding protein that matters to NANOG.

There's a lot of capital on this group. What else is it for if not to find out where one can get network?

Mark.