nanog mailing list archives

Re: OVH datacenter SBG2 in Strasbourg on fire 🔥

From: "Daniel Karrenberg" <dfk () ripe net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 15:13:00 +0100

On 11 Mar 2021, at 11:46, Daniel Karrenberg wrote:

… Further I conjecture that a halon system would not be feasible in such a structure. …

Several of you have pointed out to me at varying level of politeness that ‘halon’ is no longer used. Sometimes I cannot hep but reveal my age … ;-)

I meant to say ‘Further I conjecture that the building could not have had a fire suppression system that requires reasonably airtight spaces.’. The between-the-lines there being that it may have been the very design of the building that lead to the rapid spreading of the fire.

Again: all conjecture, which seems to be tolerated here. ;-)

Daniel