nanog mailing list archives

Re: shadowserver.org

From: Hank Nussbacher <hank () interall co il>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:11:02 +0300

On 28/06/2021 06:19, Scott Aldrich wrote:
Anyone have an idea how to get HE/ShadowServer,org servers to stop
attempting to penetrate the comcast drop at my house?

Their website claims altruism.. but my logs dont support that claim.

Scott

Scott,

Did you look at:
https://www.shadowserver.org/what-we-do/network-reporting/dns-open-resolvers-report/
https://scan.shadowserver.org/dns/

If you still think they are penetrating you see their section of blocklisting:

To be removed from this set of scanning you will need to send an email to dnsscan [at] shadowserver [dot] org with the specific CIDR's that you would like to have removed. You will have to be the verifiable owner of these CIDR's and be able to prove that fact. Any address space that is blocklisted will be publicly available here: https://scan.shadowserver.org/dns/exclude.html

Regards,
Hank