nanog mailing list archives

Re: DANE of SMTP Survey

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 11 Jun 2021 13:20:18 -0400

It appears that Tom Ivar Helbekkmo via NANOG <tih () hamartun priv no> said:
John Levine <johnl () iecc com> writes:

I have signed all 300 zones on my DNS servers, but only about half of
them have working DNSSEC because there is no practical way to install
the DS records.

Sounds like ICANN, having told us for a very long time that they want
DNSSEC everywhere, should attempt to get a requirement in place that
registrars have to make it reasonably easy for customers to get those DS
records installed. ...

Hahahahaha.  At ICANN, anything that might put even the tiniest extra
cost on registrars is a non-starter.  Look at the endless fight about
WHOIS redaction.