nanog mailing list archives

Re: MIB Browser Recommendation

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns61 () hardakers net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 12:12:16 -0800

Graham Johnston <johnstong () westmancom com> writes:

We have historically been a CentOS shop when it comes to choice of
Linux OS, and in turn that meant, largely out of laziness, that we
used mbrowse to browse mibs and perform simple snmp test queries to
devices, just manual work until we find what we want and configure
something in our NMS. We are moving some servers to Ubuntu now with
the change to CentOS/RHEL, and we are curious what others are using
for a SNMP/MIB browser. An FOSS choice would be on top on our list as
it is just easy to install from the repo, but I’ll take any
recommendation that people have.

I've always wanted to write a new FOSS one in a modern framework (say,
Qt).  Haven't had the personal time to do it though (and it's unlikely I
could attract funding to do it in today's leaning toward other
technologies).  tkmib, which comes with Net-SNMP, *probably* still
works?  I actually haven't run it in a while myself.

--
Wes Hardaker