nanog mailing list archives

Re: DoNotPay Spam?

From: Bryan Fields <Bryan () bryanfields net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 17:22:45 -0500

On 1/13/21 5:06 PM, Robert Webb wrote:
Anyone else getting spam from DoNotPay everytime they send an email to the
list?

I have not sent anything in a while until my ATT email and now I am getting
this on every new email I send to the list.

yup, I've spent a few hours to gleam who might be the source of it.  It's
almost impossible to trace as they have the email subscribed as a normal user,
and then harvest the sender address and send it from a totally different spam
server.

What you can do is when you notice these, email geeks@nanog with the full
email including headers immediately.  We can then cross check it against new
signups.  I wish there was a more scientific way to process it.

Thanks,
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice