nanog mailing list archives

Re: Carrier Neutral Site - Freetown, Sierra Leone?

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:43:47 +0200

On 2/19/21 14:34, Martijn Schmidt wrote:

My own admittedly relatively limited experience with networking in Africa has always been that people truly, honestly want to help make things better whenever it's reasonably possible (e.g. you obviously can't break local laws, or ignore a regulator). The attitude is generally very very good, compared to what we've seen in some other regions of the world. That being said, I have no experience with Sierra Leone in particular so can't help out in this case..

MainOne, Glo-1 and ACE, would be the current major routes into West Africa.

I know some people there and can reach out, if they aren't lurking here already.

Mark.