nanog mailing list archives

BGP / routing paper recommendations?

From: Casey Callendrello <c1 () caseyc net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 11:35:34 +0100

Hi all,

I'm part of a paper reading club, and the group's interest has turned to BGP and Internet routing in general. As the only person in the group who even knows what an AS is, I've been tasked with finding interesting papers on the subject. Any papers or presentations that you found valuable or interesting?

My list, so far:

- ARTEMIS: Neutralizing BGP Hijacking Within a Minute (https://www.inspire.edu.gr/wp-content/pdfs/artemis_TON2018.pdf) - Securing BGP - A Literature Survey (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5473881) - Stable Internet routing without global coordination (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/974523) - A Survey on Approaches to Reduce BGP Interdomain Routing Convergence Delay on the Internet (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7964680)

I would particularly appreciate papers that focus on the distributed-systems aspect of routing, such as convergence times, stability, and security. Happy to take responses off-list, will summarize in due time.

TIA,
-- Casey Callendrello