nanog mailing list archives

One year since Nashville Christmas Day bombing (Dec 25, 2020)

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 13:07:04 -0500 (EST)

https://wpln.org/post/the-christmas-day-bombing-cut-off-emergency-communications-across-tennessee-heres-whats-changed-since/

It’s been nearly a year since an RV exploded outside an AT&T data center in downtown Nashville. Damage from the blast resulted in major disruptions to phone and internet service for days, including to 911 call centers — more than 60 in Tennessee.

Both the state and AT&T have been working to prevent similar outages in the future.

[...]

“I’m not trying to get up here and be an apologist for AT&T by any means, whatsoever,” he told the board in May, a few months before the contract was approved. “But they did do a very good job answering our questions.”