nanog mailing list archives

Re: The great Netflix vpn debacle!

From: Martin Hannigan <hannigan () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 16:29:52 -0400

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 2:19 PM Bryan Holloway <bryan () shout net> wrote:

So I've made some progress, but not on the HBO front. (Hulu and Netflix
have been responsive so far.)

Tried the e-mail address on Mike Hammett and Co.'s handy web-page, but
got no response after several days. Ironically we were able to get
through to the "closed-captioning" department, but this isn't
particularly useful.

Does anyone have another possible contact for HBO folks to get some
prefixes unflagged as "VPN"?

I see a CDN at least in the path of their web server:

To be clear, this is not a geolocate issue. At least according to the
error our users are getting.

Thanks, all!