nanog mailing list archives

Re: An update on the AfriNIC situation

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:07:45 -0700

On 8/27/21 2:58 PM, Sabri Berisha wrote:
----- On Aug 27, 2021, at 8:36 AM, Bill Woodcock woody () pch net wrote:

Hi,

If, like me, you feel like chipping in a little bit of money to help AfriNIC
make payroll despite Heng having gotten their bank accounts frozen, some of the
African ISP associations have put together a fund, which you can donate to
here:

   https://www.tespok.co.ke/?page_id=14001
Top Gear Top Tip: set a "travel notification" on your credit card prior to
donating. It took me 3 failed attempts and 2 fraud notifications to get a
payment through. The fraud notifications were delayed as well. Chase credit card.

"Verified by VISA". Right.

And yes Mel, you're right about NANOG's AUP but this is not a legal matter,
this is to keep AfriNIC in business...

Yeah, I'd think that not being able to do business allocating blocks is definitionally an operator issue.

Mike