nanog mailing list archives

Re: login.authorize.net has A and CNAME records

From: Tony Finch <dot () dotat at>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 20:55:03 +0100

Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us> wrote:

I'm beginning to think this is a DNSSEC related problem, I'll ask on the
pdns-users list. I see it's asking for a DS record on
login.authorize.net.cdn.cloudflare.net when the nearest one appears to be at
cloudflare.net, so for some reason that's not being applied all the way down.

The probem is that your resolver is trying to prove that
login.authorize.net.cdn.cloudflare.net isn't a delegation point by
querying for its DS record(s). The Cloudflare authoritative DNS servers
return a SERVFAIL for this query, so your resolver isn't able to validate
the answer.

(I also replied on the pdns-users list)

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot () dotat at>  https://dotat.at/
Lyme Regis to Lands End including the Isles of Scilly: North or