nanog mailing list archives

Re: CenturyLink Traffic Shift

From: Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 10:05:58 -0400

Lots of content providers use multiple CDNs, and shift traffic between them
for various reasons.

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 9:58 AM Fick, Brad <brad.fick () tdstelecom com> wrote:

We saw a big shift in traffic away from CenturyLink on Saturday night,
looks like much of the traffic shifted over to Verizon Digital Media
Services (Edgecast CDN).  That night we noticed there was a Hulu outage
about the same time so I suspect that is what it is.  I am wondering if
others are seeing the same thing and whether or not it will stay this way
(away from the CTL (Level3) CDN).