nanog mailing list archives

Don't forget RFG (was: Re: RIPE NCC Executive Board election)

From: Joe Greco <jgreco () ns sol net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 08:24:51 -0500

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 11:23:28AM +0200, Terrence Koeman via NANOG wrote:
FYI, the voting results for the three positions on the RIPE exec
board were just announced and Elad was NOT elected.

https://www.ripe.net/participate/meetings/gm/meetings/may-2020

Congratulations to Maria H??ll, Raymond Jetten, and Christian
Kaufmann on their election.

I'm not familiar with any of them, but a quick search suggests that
they are all eminently qualified.

No doubt we should thank the super illegal, criminal and anonymous
Spamhaus cabal as well as the super shady and corrupt IPv6 lobby
for manipulating this election from the shadows!

Please don't forget the efforts of Ronald F. Guilmette.

I may not agree with RFG on various things, but I applaud the tenacity
he has always displayed, and the ability to instigate a 100+-message
flamefest on NANOG that so clearly demonstrated important qualities
about his target -- now archived in perpetuity.

Ronald, thanks for this public service.  Electing qualified board
members to RIPE, etc., is important, especially in this era that sees
things like the .ORG/PIR/ICANN debacle.

I expect that it is also outside the charter of the list, but on the
other hand, it isn't clear that there's a better place.  These things
are not operational or technical issues, but eventually do come to
have an impact on operations.

Regards,

... JG
--
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way
through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that