nanog mailing list archives

Re: free collaborative tools for low BW and losy connections

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:17:55 -0600

On 3/25/20 3:47 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
some of us still do uucp, over tcp and over pots.

My preference is to do UUCP over SSH (STDIO) over TCP/IP. IMHO the SSH adds security (encryption and more friendly authentication (keys / certs / Kerberos)) and reduces the number of ports that need to be exposed to the world / allowed through the network.

archaic, but still the right tool for some tasks.Yep.  Though I think they are few and far in between.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die