nanog mailing list archives

Re: Router Suggestions

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 12:26:32 +0200

On 18/Jun/20 00:50, Warren Kumari wrote:

A number of customers (myself included) had 4 hour replacement
contracts, which the vendor really could not meet - so we agreed to
take a new, much larger/better model as a replacement.

It's one of the reasons we never pay for 24/7/365.

In many cases for our experience, with sufficient pre-built redundancy,
there isn't much different with 24/7 vs. NBD, apart from the cost. So
why pay for the premium.

And if a site does not require redundancy, it's cheaper to have a cold
standby than to give it 24/7/365, or even NBD.

Mark.