nanog mailing list archives

Re: 4G / 5G backup

From: David Bass <davidbass570 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 09:07:31 -0400

There’s probably a dozen ways to do this, and a couple times that with
regard to devices.

What I’m doing at home is a plain old Cisco router from my old lab with a
couple 4G Cradlepoint modems.  I load share across all paths (1 x DSL, & 2
x att 4G).

Unless you have a requirement to backhaul the backup path over the 4G, then
I would avoid doing that for performance reasons.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 8:39 AM Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl () gmail com>