nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cost Recovery Surcharge & Va Personal Property Tax Recovery for IP Transit

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 00:11:14 -0800

On Jan 6, 2020, at 07:53 , Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 10:30 AM William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:

If it's not written in to your contract, it's a breach of contract. Either way it's a deceitfully imposed surcharge,
not a state tax. Virginia does not tax the sale of services like transit and colo. More, the only personal property
tax I've heard of in Virginia is on motor vehicles.

also, houses and ( I think ) boats. (personal property tax)

Houses would be “Real Property” tax vs. “Personal Property” tax.

Owen