nanog mailing list archives

Re: power to the internet

From: "John R. Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 2 Jan 2020 16:53:27 -0500

PS: You also wouldn't believe how cheap the power is.  California's
prices are high compared to most of the US, but it's still only about
€0.15 per KWh.

I don't know where you live, but I pay around 38 cents/KWh. Depending
on your rate, that can go up to 53 cents/KWh during peak times.

16x is supposed to be the average.

I live in upstate New York where I pay about 8c/kwh and a fixed $15/mo connection charge. We have day/night rates available but they're not very different for retail customers. I get a slight discount due to credits
from remote net metering at a nearby solar farm.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl () taugh com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",