nanog mailing list archives

Re: best email list?

From: "Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." <amitchell () isipp com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 12:08:24 -0600

On Apr 8, 2020, at 12:02 PM, David Funderburk <dfund () globalvision net> wrote:

What email list companies or direct mail have you used with success? During this time I feel there are many companies
that are or should be considering off-site back ups or putting in remote servers.  I'd like to contact some of these
who could benefit from our data center.  Suggestions?

You do understand that permission cannot be transferred, and that using purchased or rented email lists is a violation
of all sorts of laws, right?

Anne

--
Anne P. Mitchell, Attorney at Law
Dean of Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Legislative Consultant, GDPR, CCPA (CA) & CCDPA (CO) Compliance Consultant
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Legal Counsel: The CyberGreen Institute
Former Counsel: Mail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)
Location: Boulder, Colorado