nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Is BGP safe yet?" test

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 15:02:56 +0000 (UTC)

From: "Andrey Kostin" <ankost () podolsk ru>

Would be interesting to hear your opinion on this:
https://isbgpsafeyet.com/

We have cases when residential customers ask support "why is your
service isn't safe?" pointing to that article. It's difficult to answer
correctly considering that the asking person usually doesn't know what
BGP is and what it's used for, save for understanding it's function,
design and possible misuses.

Well, given how little the BCP38 website below has moved that football, you're
not likely in much danger... :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com