nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best components for a full mvno core network?

From: Andrew Paolucci via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 05:15:43 +0000

From my experience Project Clearwater is the most matured IMS Core solution.
http://www.projectclearwater.org/

Also has a commercial offering.
https://www.metaswitch.com/products/core-network/clearwater-ims-core

Good Luck!
Regards,
Andrew Paolucci

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:19 AM, Dario Renaud <dario.renaud () gmail com> wrote:

Hello,

At my day job, we are considering going Full MVNO. Which means building a mobile core network.

I was wondering if some of you would have feedback or advices on the solutions currently available?

We would like to avoid the big providers (Ericsson & such).
Ideally, something opensource, or, if proprietary, a company maybe willing to license access to the code (one can
dream).

There seems to be a lot of bits and pieces available out there, with a mix of full, fullish or partial solutions.
This makes for quite the puzzle.

Among the ones I found most interesting:

nextEPC, covering, well, the EPC… (https://github.com/nextepc/nextepc). It looks like the more active open EPC
implementation out there.

And it seems that Yate people have a commercial product covering basically everything needed
(https://yatebts.com/solutions_and_technology/mobile_virtual_network_operator/).

What do you think?

Regards

Dario Renaud