nanog mailing list archives

Re: This DNS over HTTP thing

From: Damian Menscher via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 14:12:35 -0700

On 2019-10-01 23:03, Damian Menscher wrote:
On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 1:22 PM Jeroen Massar <jeroen () massar ch <mailto:

    On 2019-10-01 21:38, Damian Menscher wrote:

    > Could someone provide a reference of Google saying they'll change
the default nameserver?  Without that, I think all of Jeroen's arguments
fall apart?

    While I stated:

    >> Moving only your DNS to Cloudflare or Google does not solve the
security stance,
    >> even though that is what people are marketing this whole DoH move
for....

    I did not state what you write above ("Changing the default
nameserver").
    (Noting also, that the 'default nameserver' is the system one, not
the one being just being used by the browser...)

Heh, nice troll -- I wasted a few minutes writing a long response about
how you did, in fact, say that multiple times in this thread.

Should be obvious to non-trolls that I was referring to Google changing
the default nameserver *in Chrome*, as obviously Google doesn't have root
access to change it on the host.

Fortunately list archives exist.

Thanks for playing.. and name calling.

I apologize for calling you a troll, if that was not your intent.  (It's
seriously hard to tell sometimes.)

Apologies that these problems that your company are causing are hurting you
personally so much that you need to resort to that.

I'm also sorry that the facts do not match your preconceived world-view.

Damian