nanog mailing list archives

Re: DoD IP Space

From: David Conrad <drc () virtualized org>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 08:53:48 -0500

On Nov 4, 2019, at 10:56 PM, Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org> wrote:
This thread got me to wondering, is there any legitimate reason to see 22/8 on the public Internet?  Or would it be
okay to treat 22/8 like a Bogon and drop it at the network edge?

Given the transfer market for IPv4 addresses, the spot price for IPv4 addresses, and the need of even governments to
find “free” (as in unconstrained) money, I’d think treating any legacy /8 as a bogon would not be prudent.

Regards,
-drc