nanog mailing list archives

Re: Disney+ Streaming

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 12:06:32 +0200

On 13/Nov/19 00:05, Wayne Bouchard wrote:

As to the "$10-20/mo for eight different services", I tend to think
that people are gonna rebel at some point and seek out some sort of a
centralized service and we'll kinda be back to where we started, with
each source getting payment for the specific program viewed. Hard to
tell, but the fragmentation thing will start to come to the forefront
before too much longer, IMO.

I'd avoid investing in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, e.t.c. streaming service until
we see where this lands.

I feel whatever happens is going to happen quickly.

We already see Apple starting to consolidate its various subscriptions
services to make this simpler for their customers.

Mark.