nanog mailing list archives

Re: Recommended DDoS mitigation appliance?

From: Töma Gavrichenkov <ximaera () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 05:12:48 +0300

Peace,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 1:49 AM Rabbi Rob Thomas <robt () cymru com> wrote:

I am going to assume you want it to spit out 10G clean, what size
dirty traffic are you expecting it to handle?

Great question!  Let's say between 6Gbps and 8Gbps dirty.

As someone making a living as a DDoS mitigation engineer for the last 10
years (minus 1 month) I should say your threat model is sort of unusual.
Potential miscreants today should be assumed to have much more to show you
even on a daily basis.

Is it like you also have something filtering upstream for you, e.g.
flowspec-enabled peers?

--
Töma