nanog mailing list archives

Re: NTP question

From: Alain Hebert <ahebert () pubnix net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 13:18:33 -0400

    First sorry for the gender goof, I did a lazy analog translation from "pompiers".

    It is a true story that happened to a buddy of mine a few years back.

    People saw smoke (diesel exhaust) coming from the roof of the building during a power outage and called 911.

    They did follow protocol, and turn off both fuel and electrical system first :(.  The solution was to move them to his parking lot to make it more definitive where the smoke is coming from =D.