nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google weird routing?

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 16:44:38 -0400

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 4:11 PM Matt Harris <matt () netfire net> wrote:
On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 3:06 PM Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com> wrote:

not sure where you are starting from (really) .. can you provide a:
  dig www.google.com

for me? My guess is that as Jared noted you got somehow looking like
you are in india to whatever does that magic :)

Google's coming back with bom* addresses; no idea why though.

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.google.com.         300     IN      A       172.217.26.228

that's an ip in india alright :)
I don't see why that's happening (in quick searching).

Hoping someone over there can shed some light on why they are sending my packets on a world trip.  :)

I'd be cuirous about:
  dig www.google.com @8.8.8.8

as well, please (jared's question as well)