nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP prefix filter list

From: Antonios Chariton <daknob.mac () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 16:46:33 +0300

If you have multiple transit providers and still want to be able to push traffic to the best path (no default route),
then maybe a filter that will accept only AS Path 2/3 or shorter per transit provider, and a default route for the
rest. You will get significantly less prefixes, and BGP path selection will work “locally”. For far away prefixes
though (more than 4 ASes away), you will not (always) pick the best path.