nanog mailing list archives

Re: Frontier rural FIOS & IPv6

From: Brandon Martin <lists.nanog () monmotha net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 22:09:11 -0400

On 3/31/19 10:05 PM, Tom Beecher wrote:
I’m in Spectrum land, née Time Warner, née Rigas Cash Extraction Machine... errr Adelphia. ( Buffalo / WNY )

We’ve had native v6 for quite a few years up here.

Spectrum ex. Bright House/Time Warner varies by region. NY region has had it, apparently.

Indianapolis has not, does not, and, from what I gather, will not (for a long time).

Apparently the regional operations of Bright House/TWC were very separated. They had other significant policy differences, too, e.g. caps/overages, AUP differences (especially as enforced vs. as written), etc.
--
Brandon Martin