nanog mailing list archives

Re: Incoming SSDP UDP 1900 filtering

From: Jason Hellenthal via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 07:33:30 -0500

Actually a little surprised to see port 25 blocked in both directions here along with 1080. It’s like saying here’s
your network buuuuut it’s limited.

Though I wouldn’t recommend spawning up 25 it’s still a legitimately used port today as alike with 1080.

--
 J. Hellenthal

The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume.