nanog mailing list archives

Re: Should Netflix and Hulu give you emergency alerts?

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 14:39:51 -0800

On 3/8/19 2:32 PM, Matt Hoppes wrote:
No. Please no. We need less regulation. Not more.

VoIP started out the same way. Very simple to start offering voip. Worked well. Then the government got involved. Now
it’s a mess of requirements, warnings and reporting.

I was there developing service provider voip from the beginning and I can tell you that we were never unaware that we needed to deal with regulatory requirements from the pstn. e911, calia and all the rest. It was never simple.

Mike