nanog mailing list archives

Re: Russian Anal Probing + Malware

From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg () tristatelogic com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 22:51:58 -0700

In message <f2682032aa620f49aa50b30579a9357f () mail dessus com>,
"Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com> wrote:

On Friday, 21 June, 2019 18:14, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg@tristatelogic.=
com> wrote:

   https://twitter.com/GreyNoiseIO/status/1129017971135995904
   https://twitter.com/JayTHL/status/1128718224965685248

Sorry, don't twitter ...  Too much malicious JavaScript there.

Can you be more, um, specific?

80.82.64.21 scanner29.openportstats.com

Why do you think it is a problem and not just run-of-the-mill background
radiation on the Internet?

It's not a problem for me personally... other than the fact that these
goofballs are filling up my log files to no good end.  I just wanted
others to be aware of this (apparently ongoing) garbage.

And I wouldn't want anyone to be fooled by the mere fact that this
openportstats.com domain has a sort-of a web site.  It's still 100%
illegitimate.

Do you (or your endpoints) not have a firewall to block such things?

I do, and I hope everyone else does also.

What malware slinging?  I see none of that.

You didn't look at the Twitter reports.

   https://bit.ly/2ZBayc4

Malicious link detected.

If you say so. (It's actually just a cute picture.)

Regards,
rfg